Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
We know how stressful and difficult life becomes when a loved one has dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Whether dementia is early, middle or late stage, our caregivers can help substantially. Plus, our administrative staff is always available for emotional support, along with trustworthy guidance on dementia management.
To address the specific needs of those with dementia, we’ve designed an innovative caregiving program. Our clinical protocol is based on the latest brain research on cognitive loss and slowing its progression. Our program goals are ensuring that clients:
- continue living safely and comfortably at home
- maintain self-respect and dignity
- experience optimal physical and emotional well-being
- enjoy the security of familiar surroundings
- stay connected with beloved people, possessions, and memories
With these objectives in mind, we’ve named this program “SIGMA HomeCare Connections.” At the core of Connections is close communication between you, our staff, and your loved one’s healthcare providers.
With Connections, we take a personalized approach to dementia caregiving. Each client receives a customized care plan, based on their individual needs and stage of dementia. To keep you abreast of your loved one’s status, we regularly discuss our staff notes with you. We also seek your feedback on program results, utilizing your input to update the care plan.
We also provide you with vital educational material, including information from the Alzheimer’s Association and how to foster your loved one’s well-being. Through our Daily Connections Guide, you’ll learn:
- what to expect during each dementia stage
- how to manage unpleasant behaviors and moods’
- what activities and strategies facilitate interaction
Before assigning an aide to you, we give them specialized dementia care training, including how to maximize cognitive function. We only employ certified aides who’ve passed our course and have at least one year of direct experience.
Connections is a comprehensive program. Our caregivers provide personal care, companionship, light housekeeping, transportation, and activities to engage memory and cognitive function.
- Regular Shifts – Choose from hourly, live-in, or round-the-clock.
- Respite Care – We’ll gladly provide care for the duration you need, whether a day, evening, weekend, a week, or more.
- Transitional Care – This option suits a loved one returning home from a healthcare facility or scheduled for admission. We’ll assist with preparation and transportation. Transitional care facilitates recuperating from a hospital stay and arranging for hospice.