Working With Healthcare Providers
Partnering with Healthcare Providers
Do you feel like your parent’s health is declining rapidly?
Has your aging parent been unable to answer your questions about what their doctor has told them?
If so, your loved one may have reached a point where they need assistance in managing their own care. Research shows that the patient and practitioner are both more comfortable when the senior is accompanied for doctor visits. We provide that service as an important benefit of our care.
We understand that doctors are often in a hurry, and patients may feel rushed. For patients who struggle to remember details of their health, this pace is simply too fast for optimum care. We will coordinate with your loved one’s medical team to ensure that visits are thorough and complete, and that the doctor knows everything that is going on.
We can provide assistance by:
- Going with your loved one to medical appointments and taking notes for you
- Reminding your loved one of specific questions or concerns about his or her health
- Filling in gaps where your loved one may have forgotten or not understood
- Helping both doctor and patient to understand each other’s communication
- Helping your loved one to plan necessary follow-up care, therapy, and treatment
- Reminding your loved one of medications and other orders from the doctor
More people go into a nursing home or assisted living because of medication issues than any other reason, so this service can help your loved one remain at home.
We understand that health needs of the elderly change continuously. Our involvement and awareness help them to remain independent with the best possible health and quality of life. Our experience and care make us a vital part of your loved one’s comfort and happiness.