Help For Those Suffering From Chronic Illness.
For a family and the patient itself, chronic illness care can be devastating emotionally and financially. According to the National Council on Aging, 77 percent of older Americans have two or more chronic illnesses that they must manage on a daily basis.
Trying to maintain a full and active life while managing chronic health issues can be quite challenging. Small things can turn into big burdens. On the upside, assistance with little things can make a very big difference. Such support can help with relief and preserve a person’s independence, among other things.
There are a variety of things that impact health and welfare for anyone. These things become a larger issue in the face of a chronic medical condition. Here are some basic issues that sufferers may struggle with:
- Medication time and optimization (with or without food, for example)
- Dietary restrictions
- Dietary recommendations
- Staying hydrated, which gets more challenging with age and medication
- Getting exercise appropriate to one’s condition
SIGMA HomeCare can help!
Why Choose SIGMA HomeCare?
The care we provide can not only help you manage your health, it may help you improve it. Assistance for critical details, like taking your medication on time, can be the difference between a health crisis resolving or turning it into a more serious problem. Older patients often have memory issues. These can be exacerbated by the fact that they are on medication. As older individuals increasingly live alone, they may lack the built-in family support of previous generations. Our trained caregivers can help fill in the gaps.
- Medication reminders.
- Modifying your home environment to promote safety and preserve independence.
- Transportation for medical, community and social needs.
- Help with grooming, dressing and hygiene needs.
- Light housekeeping.
- Opening difficult pill bottles or similar.
- Acting as a go to person with distant family members or medical staff.
- Provide enhanced social activities appropriate to the needs of the client
- Offer meal planning and preparation to ensure good nutritional supports
Healthy meals are essential to functioning and help with maintaining your strength. It is a big mistake to think healthcare is limited to taking your medication. Following an appropriate diet is the front-line defense for many serious conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease.
In addition to helping with medical details like managing medication, our caregivers can provide home-cooked meals appropriate to the needs of the client. These meals are designed to fit within both budgetary constraints and dietary restrictions. We can even help you track related health metrics, such as weight gain or weight loss, to help you continue to manage your condition on an outpatient basis.
At SIGMA HomeCare, we know that chronic health issues are not only complex, they are emotionally stressful. Letting us worry about the small details of managing your condition can help you stop worrying.